Welcome to another exclusive edition of tech4infinitity. Today you will get to know about how to install WordPress theme with 4 different ways.
Are you stuck and don’t know how to install WordPress theme?
Method one is not working and Finding different ways to install WordPress theme.
Then keep reading….!
In this article you will know about 4 different ways to install WordPress theme step by step.
Some time there are some issues occurs in installing WordPress theme so if you have different methods to install WordPress theme then you don’t have to depend on one method.
Problem occurring in uploading theme are like:-
- Maximum upload limit exceed….
- Are you sure to do this? Try again….
- Can’t upload…..! Error occurring….
So the methods which we are going to discuss in this article are:-
- Directly from theme page.
- Manually upload theme from dashboard.
- Upload theme via c-panel.
- Upload theme via FTP.
If you having problem in one method than change the method and install again and you will get the positive results.
In recent time I am also suffering from same problem of theme installation in one of my project. I am using premium shopkeeper theme but having problem in installation.
Then I change the method of installation and I got success.
Now let’s start the process
Also read :- top 10 free wordpress themes of 2017.
Here are the 4 methods to install WordPress theme (step by step procedure with images).
1).Directly from theme page:-
This is the first and very simple method to install WordPress theme.
Everyone prefer this method to install WordPress theme.
To install WordPress theme from this method to have to follow 3 simple steps:-
- Go to dashboard > appearance > themes.
- Click on add new search for a theme in search box or select from theme page.
- Tap on theme then install it > activate it
So these are the 3 simple steps to install any WordPress theme directly from theme page.
Let’s move to next method
2).Manually upload theme from dashboard:-
Now in this method the first thing is that you have a theme in your system and the theme must be in .zip format.
This method is second mostly used by users to install WordPress theme.
But limitation of this method is the size of your theme file that means your file must be of limited size to get install on WordPress.
If your theme file size exceed the limit then it will show error and theme can’t be installed then you have to move to next method.
Now steps to install WordPress theme by manually upload method:-
- Go to dashboard > appearance > themes.
- Click on add new > upload theme.
- Then choose file you want to upload
- Click on install now and activate it
So these are the 4 simple steps to install WordPress theme by manually upload method.
3).Upload theme via c-panel.
This is the method by which you can install WordPress theme if above two methods are not working.
This is the method which have the most success rate.
To install WordPress theme from c-panel your file is in the .zip format.
Steps to install WordPress theme via c-panel:-
- Login to your c-panel.
- Click on file manager > select web root directory > go
- Search for “public_html/wp-content/themes” > go
- Click on upload > choose file to upload
- After file get uploaded > click on file > extract file.
- Now your theme is installed
- Go to WordPress dashboard > theme page > activate it.
These are 7 simple steps to install WordPress theme via c-panel.
This is the best way to install WordPress theme.
Now from these 3 methods you are not able to do installation.
Then move to next and final method to install WordPress theme.
4). Upload theme via FTP:-
This method is useful to install wordpress theme.
It is the fastest but complicated method among all 4 methods.
If you having problem in above 3 methods then try this one I am sure this will work surely.
To use this method you have to download a FTP server which connect and help you to transfer file from one server to another easily.
Download FTP server FileZilla click here….
It is a free FTP software.
Download and install FTP FileZilla on your desktop.
Steps to install WordPress theme via FTP
- Open FileZilla FTP software.
- add host name (which is your domain name or you can also enter IP address in place of domain name).
- Enter user name and password (which is the same as your c-panel username and password).
- Enter port (21 in case of FTP).
- Click on quick connect.
- Now your local system is connected with your hosting.
- In left hand side you have your local system file and in right hand side your hosting files
- Select theme file from your local server in left side which is in .zip format and simple drag and drop right side into hosting.
- Click on transfer file. Now your theme is installed.
- Go to WordPress and activate theme.
So follow these 10 steps to install WordPress theme via FTP.
Hope this article will help you to install any WordPress theme.
So these are the 4 methods by which you can install WordPress theme.
If you have any query related to WordPress theme installation you can comment below.
If you like this article share it.
Follow us by email to receive regular updates.
Ta ta ….!